[fpc-devel] Recompiling FPC to include new messages

fpcdev at silvermono.co.za fpcdev at silvermono.co.za
Fri Nov 6 10:55:10 CET 2009

Hi Guys,

I found the following whilst 'toying' with the compiler code (Linux 2.2.4), in
particular the code dealing with the compiler messages;

I have used msg2inc to generate the new msgtxt.inc and msgidx.inc from my
modified errore.msg file.

Within unit verbose.pas,  procedure InitVerbose()  and procedure LoadMsgFile()
include the code: msg^.LoadIntern(@msgtxt,msgtxtsize);
According to the compiler, msgtxt is undefined. Where should it be defined?
Where does it read the contents of the message constants?

TMessage (TP7 object) is defined within cmsgs.pas, and includes a field msgtxt
(PChar) but it' doesn't seem to be part of the msg refered to within the
aforementioned procedures.

 If I generate the compiler such that it reads the physical errore.msg file at
runtime, my modifications work, but I would prefer to have the messages
included within the compiler .

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction with regards to the above.

Thanks.
Regards,
Nino