AW: Re: [fpc-devel] On code cleanup

Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Mon May 4 09:15:10 CEST 2009

Von: Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>
Gesendet: So 03.05.2009 15:01
An: FPC developers' list <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org>;
Betreff: Re: [fpc-devel] On code cleanup
> On 03 May 2009, at 14:58, Alexander Klenin wrote:
>
> > BTW, is generics good enough to be used in e.g. math.pp?
> Afaik, generics have only been implemented for classes until now.
> Plain generic functions are not (yet) supported.

I started a test with a simple generic red-black tree implementation:
http://fpcfun.firmos.at/bin/view/Freepascal/GenericRedBlackTree
played around with it a bit and put it in our commercial codebase
dropping 12 different red-black tree implementations units with nearly
the same code.

I am happy with the generics implementation at the current state
it is practically usable!

helmut