[fpc-devel] with r13297 ChangeName has gone

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Fri Jun 19 04:23:19 CEST 2009

Hello,  FPC developers' list.

I think that ChangeName should stay in the TComponent class. It is the
only way to change a component name without validation. Even if it is
not used by Lazarus it is probably used by some third-party components.
For example report generators can use them to implement own name
validation and change for the designer objects (if they are components).

I suggest to make this method either virtual or dynamic (dynamic is
better when a method will be seldomly/never overrided) and continue to
use it. This way we can also monitor a name change inside TComponent
descendants.

--
Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.