[fpc-devel] Problems using a new ld-version

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Jun 6 15:17:34 CEST 2009

On 19 May 2009, at 16:50, Peter Vreman wrote:

>>> The linker scripts without the full SECTIONS details are only used
>>> to reduce the length and
>>> complexity of the commandline.
>>
>> This is about the linker scripts /with/ SECTIONS details. That's what
>> the warning is about: there are SECTIONS details in a file not
>> specified via -T, and therefore these details are appended to ld's
>> internal linker script, rather than that they replace it. But I don't
>> know whether this is intentional or not.
>
> The link.res files with SECTIONS can replace the internal script.
> The -T can be used.

There's one problem with this: that also overrides the default library
search paths (the SEARCH_DIR statements in the default linker
scripts). So things will break on Linux systems where not all
libraries are in the default library directories defined in FPC (for
i386: /lib, /usr/lib and /usr/X11R6/lib)

Jonas