[fpc-devel] Error about unknown record field identifier

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk sanliturk at ttmail.com
Sat Dec 12 16:44:51 CET 2009

Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 12 Dec 2009, at 12:33, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
>
>> Jonas Maebe wrote:
>>> As usual, we need compilable source code that demonstrates this problem to fix it.
>> An application test report is attached below .
>
> It may be the same as http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=9961
>
> There are some problems in the compiler with recompiling units that use include files in different directories than the unit itself.
>

> Jonas

It seems that the compiler is not appending path information to source
file name when it is working on .ppu files . When I compile with all
information from compiler , it is saying that
                x.ppu is found , but ( after x.ppu is found )
only_source_name.pas is NOT found .

For me , it is not related to the first scanned unit , because in my
large program it is occurring in units specified in any place in Uses
statement .

In the first compilation when there is no any .ppu or .o files , or
If all of the .ppu and .o files are deleted , such an error is never
occurring .

Either there is no full path information in .ppu about included source
file when it is in the interface part or it is ignored for .ppu files .
These are guesses because up to now I could find which part of the
compiler is compiling the unit interfaces . I could find starting place
, but , not exactly flow of compilation lines . It seems that a property
is performing the compilation but which one I do not know .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk