[fpc-devel] dwarf debug info bugs

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Fri Dec 4 12:57:39 CET 2009

Paul Ishenin wrote:

>> It is hard to debug something when stepping works non-reliable.
>
> Marc has exmplained me why I have the strange stepping. It is due to
> internal try finally which is generated for variants.
>
> I think the solution is to set the same line number for that
> try-finally nodes as for the variant itself.
>
> Or as Marc suggested - skip generation of line info for the internal
> try blocks.
I made more tests and Variants are not related to the problem.

Then next simple application also has problems with stepping:
program project1;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

uses
  SysUtils, Classes;
var
  List: TList;
begin
  // you need to step into 2 times to be in the TList constructor. In
the constructor you will visit first and last lines 2 times
  List := TList.Create;
  List.Free;
end.

Best regards,