[fpc-devel] Re: What to expect if FPC fully supports unicode?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Sep 18 18:45:53 CEST 2008

> > How far will Unicode support go in FPC when it is one day implemented?
> >  Anybody know if the following is allowed in D2009?
>
> For those that haven't see it yet, here is D2009's take on this...
>
> http://windemo1.codegear.com/Tiburon/LaunchReplays/ASCIInew/ASCIInew.html

Some observations:
- I'm not entirely sure, but the dialog that he shows to install Eastern
Asian support might be Vista+ (XP still having a separate Eastern Asian
version)
- The source is in UTF-8. NH says this.
- the showmessage works, which means the -W form is called. THis is probably
the reason why w9x is not supported anymore, they simply always do -W.