[fpc-devel] Unicodestring branch, please test and help fixing

listmember listmember at letterboxes.org
Wed Sep 10 17:05:17 CEST 2008

>> compiler guys all the same} and ask, instead, to give us
>> reference-counted 4-byte (actually, preferably 6-bytes) per cell
>> arrays/strings.
>>

> What's wrong with an dyn. array of DWord?

Much like what's wrong with dynamic array of Word (as opposed to
Widestring) or with dynamic array of byte (as opposed to string), really...

Nothing much.

But it is far more readable when there is special and reserved type for
which we could have special operators and converters just like those we
have for strings and widestrings.