[fpc-devel] flaky Win64 support in FPC?

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Wed Oct 15 09:57:02 CEST 2008

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Could anybody using 64bit FPC under Windows comment on this?  I'm only
> now able to setup 64bit FPC under Linux, but haven't had the
> opportunity to run 64bit Windows and FPC for that matter.  I thought
> 64bit support in FPC was done and dusted? [for Linux and Windows at
> least]

FPC Win64 works well, I don't know about serious bugs, I consider the
post as typical non-technical flame. If somebody has no clue how to
debug his code, he should better stop coding. Of course, it could be
that there is some bug in fpc win64 but it could be also a simple
pointer(<longint>)^ in his code. Without a usable bug report I can't
take such posters serious.