[fpc-devel] fpc team plans

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Wed Oct 8 16:01:14 CEST 2008

Hello, FPC developers' list

FPC is a great project and many devels depends on it, its user base
grows, etc. But there is one big problem (as I see it) - nobody knows
what to expect further. I understand that devels are free in their
choise what to do and nobody wants to take this freedom away :) But can
your ideas be at least more transparent?

We are trying to do this - be open between us and for users. Moreover we
are trying to release versions with some feature set we discussed
before. In other words - we are planing our next release. Here are examples:
- our next release plan (not finished):
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_0.9.28_todo#IDE
- our prev release plan (not fully implemented):
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_0.9.26_todo

Yes, our plans are not not obligatory (we are trying to achieve all
goals but not always have enough time) but at least we are and users can
know them.

Can you do the same for fpc? In current situation nobody even know what
will be next fpc version nor what features will it have.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.