[fpc-devel] Pascal to Java compiler

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 22:27:26 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
> It would be great to be able to compile Pascal source code into Java byte
> code that can be downloaded and by and a browser. Do you think this is
> possible  ?

I only researched about desktop and mobile Java. Not browser Java.

> Did you use the FPC parser code in your project ?

No, I wrote my own.

> You speak of problems when using pointers. Is the compiler able to work with
> classes (which are pointers in FPC) ? Does it use Java classes for this ?

My compiler is for procedural Pascal, but no, I don't think that
classes are a problem with pointers. They are internally a pointer,
but in a hidden way. Direct use of pointers is a problem, and pointer
aritmetic too.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho