[fpc-devel] Parallel Computing

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Tue Nov 4 08:51:09 CET 2008

Very nice wrap on this one Michael.
While architectures such as OpenMP or CUDA do not solve and don't even try
to solve the general case of MT development, they are very powerful in the
areas of image processing and DSP. Indeed we are already researching CUDA
for usage in our libraries. For those unaware of it, CUDA is the MT API for
the NVidia GPUs . My NVIdia comes with 240 cores, and can perform with mind
blowing speed fairly complex DSP.
Each tool simply has its place and usage ;-) , so does OpenMP . That does
not mean that it is the magic wand for solving MT, it is just another tool
that we can use.

With best regards,
  Boian Mitov

Mitov Software