[fpc-devel] I get duplicate GUIDs under Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:30:43 CEST 2008

2008/5/29 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:

> I'm not putting a 700ms sleep between each CreateGUID call, to see
> what happens. I noticed that once I hit the 1021 limit at normal speed
> (no sleep). Every time I click the button quickly (2-3 times per
> second) it instantly generates the same GUID. If I wait a second
> between clicks, I get a duplicate on the 2nd add to stringlist. Weird,
> but then, I got no idea what this will prove!  :-)

Finally, here is the results....

At normal speed (no sleep between CreateGUID calls:

graemeg at graemeg:index_performance$ ./index_performance.elf
Duplicate value detected: {7D8EB078-7FD2-8EED-1D39-B5E4F17766FD}
  List.Count = 1021

... And here I have a sleep(700) between CreateGUID calls... As you
can see, I managed to get two extra GUID's in my list before it hits a
duplicate.

graemeg at graemeg:index_performance$ ./index_performance.elf
Duplicate value detected: {486D85FC-DC44-5180-A60D-3E47D00709A4}
  List.Count = 1023

Regards,
 - Graeme -