[fpc-devel] Date and Time formatting via locale settings doesn't work under FPC 2.2.0

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:13:48 CET 2008

On 10/03/2008, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> The locale/region information is ignored by default. I have a unit that loads this
>  information using Libc or the KDE settings, but it is not an option to
>  have this in sysutils by default, since it introduces a dependency on
>  Libc.

Thanks Michael.  We had an alternative in case FPC hard-coded it. :-)
We will use the language translation files to set default (preferred)
date/time formats. All other languages will default to the ISO 8601
format.

Summary of ISO 8601  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

Constant definitions would look like the following:
  'yyyymmdd"T"hhmmss';    // for storage
  'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss';  // for display

Regards,
  - Graeme -