[fpc-devel] Build of fpc 2.2.3 on powerpc-darwin failed

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Fri Jun 6 16:55:52 CEST 2008

Florian Klaempfl schreef:
> Tomas Hajny schrieb:
>> On Thu, June 5, 2008 11:56, Vincent Snijders wrote:
>>> I get an internal error when I do a make all in powerpc-darwin.
>>>
>>> Vincent
>>>
>>> make -C gtk2 install
>>> /Users/fpcfan/tmp/build/fpc/fpcsrc/compiler/ppcppc -Ppowerpc -Ur -Xs -O2
>>> -n -Fusrc
>>> -Fusrc/glib -Fusrc/atk -Fusrc/pango -Fusrc/gtk+/gdk-pixbuf
>>> -Fusrc/gtk+/gdk
>>> -Fusrc/gtk+/gtk -Fusrc/libglade -Fusrc/gtkglext -Fusrc/gtkhtml
>>> -Fusrc/gtk2x11
>>> -Fu/Users/fpcfan/tmp/build/fpc/fpcsrc/rtl/units/powerpc-darwin
>>> -Fu/Users/fpcfan/tmp/build/fpc/fpcsrc/packages/x11/units/powerpc-darwin
>>> -Fisrc/gtk2x11/include -FE. -FUunits/powerpc-darwin -dpowerpc -dRELEASE
>>> src/buildgtk2.pp
>>> Fatal: Internal error 200208151
>>> Fatal: Compilation aborted
>>> make[2]: *** [src/buildgtk2.ppu] Error 1
>>> make[1]: *** [gtk2_install] Error 2
>>> make: *** [packages_install] Error 2
>>
>> What starting version have you used? I usually get this IE (although on
>> another platform/CPU) when starting with something older than 2.2.x...
>
> The ie indicates some ppu mess.

What is was, we probably never know exactly, but it was not very well repeatable
outside the build script. Somehow the system.ppu got corrupted or was read
incorrectly. Because other units were compiled without error, I assume the
system.ppu was correct before building the gtk2 package.

Anyway, I made some changes to the build script and now it works again.

Vincent