[fpc-devel] Russianlocale informationnotcompatiblewithFPClocalevariables

Ales Katona almindor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:56:28 CEST 2008

Boian Mitov  wrote / napĂ­sal(a):
> To be honest I hate the Pascal OOP implementation even more, but the
> lack of Singleton support, good RTTI and
> AfterConstructor/BeforeDestructor . ;-) .
> The OOP model is something we as developers implement. We are not
> talking MFC, or VCL, but the language. There are a lot of fantastic
> OOP models in C++, and C++ supports conceptual programming (Well kind
> of), where Pascal does not.
> To be honest both languages have a lot of issues, but we take them for
> what they are and use them and love them :-) . I love both C++ and
> Object Pascal, well maybe C++ a bit more, but is still frustrates me
> when I can't create a simple singleton :-D .
>
>  With best regards,
>    Boian Mitov

> Mitov Software
> http://www.mitov.com
I can't like an OOP model in which you:
1. can't call virtual methods from constructors
2. can't safely do stuff in constructors without using exceptions
3. can't limit the constructors being called (e.g: call order a, b, c)
4. no metaclasses or RTTI

These are all language ad-hoc design limitations of C++, I'm sure there
are more, but I personaly hit these. Perhaps I'm just spoiled by good
OOP  tho :P

I'm curious however, what do you mean by "conceptual programming"? Can
you provide an example?

Ales