[fpc-devel] Russian locale information not compatible with FPClocale variables

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Jul 30 17:48:25 CEST 2008

> Eg only allow the parallel or async keyword (I personally do not care
> which) on an otherwise normal procedure and then another
> procedure/keyword isfinished(x)? which checks whether the 'parallel'
> procedure x has finished. With minimum (ie no) checking for whether the
> procedure uses global data. It wouldn't be foolproof but would be easily
> usable, wouldn't it.

How many of these cases do you already have? Because it is nothing more than
a threadstart and a thread.waitfor (or some more involved), something like

procedure something.buttonclick;

var thr :TSyncthread;

begin
  thr:=poolmgr.getblockedthread; // get a thread from the pool.
  thr.proc:=@someprocedure;
  thr.run
  <do other stuff>
  thr.waitforsignal; // also returns to pool.
end;

You could define a helper even for the first three lines.

Now unless you have something like this under every event already, it is not
worth the effort. It's a shortcut for something that is already possible,
and if you don't use it now, you apparantly don't need it that much?