[fpc-devel] Russian locale information not compatible with FPC locale variables

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:54:50 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:08 PM, "Vinzent Höfler"
<JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net> wrote:

> Well, I second that. Especially because the "Delphi" implementation seems to be so Win32-centric, that copying it would be close to useless on platforms other than Windows. As far as I understand there is no such thing as a "codepage number" on Unices.
>
> I doubt that the FPC team would want such a specific implementation, so despite all arguments, FPC would have to find its own way in either case.

For more information on what Vinzent is talking about, please see the
following website.

  http://blogs.codegear.com/abauer/2008/07/16/38864/

examples:

type
  MyString = type AnsiString(<1..65534>);

were 1..65534 is the Windows codepage number.

Regards,
 - Graeme -