[fpc-devel] Russian locale information not compatible with FPC locale variables

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jul 29 15:38:46 CEST 2008

> Why, according to you, is Oxygen Object Pascal at all?  Aside from their
> advertizements? Just if you compare the base subset ?

Is there some independent definition of the term "Object Pascal" ? I
don't suppose so. So they are right to claim that they are compatible to
Object pascal :) .

But If you call their Oxygen code "Delphi Language" they in fact will
get angry :) :) :) .

Of course Oxygen is a lot less compatible to Delphi than FP is. They are
greatly CIL centric - though happily not really .NET centric as they
explicitly do support Mono and Linux. That is why the strict
create...free mechanism is not used there (as the CIL framework performs
the garbage control for the application) and thus the code can be a lot
different. OTOH they claim that "Delphi for .NET" is not a decent way to
write CIL code at all.

-Michael