[fpc-devel] GetAppConfigDir confusion

Ales Katona almindor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 11:11:02 CEST 2008

It seems that currently, GetAppConfigDir performs rather incosistently.

On Unix, it returns path with trailing pathdelim, on windows it returns
path with random trailing path delim (depends on which branch, see code).

What should it be then?

Considering the importance of this function to programs, it's changes
along versions (e.g: 2.2.0 vs 2.2.2 vs soon-to-be-trunk) I think we need
to document the behaviors per-version so people can decide if it's even
viable to use atm. (I got burned).

So.. questions are:
1. trailing pathdelims, yes or no? (of course only if there's something
to return)
2. can I  update the doc with per-version peculiarities info?

Ales