[fpc-devel] Unable to build FPC from source, any ideas?

Paul Michell Paul at interfacedesign.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 08:58:36 CET 2008

I've been updating my FPC 2.2.1 from SVN for some time, but my batch file has
started failing (since last Sunday I think?) It appears to be nolonger able
to build the initial compiler? I'm working on Windows XP and using 2.2.0 as a
seed compiler.

make cycle from the compiler folder gives:

Compiling nflw.pas
Compiling optunrol.pas
Compiling nflw.pas
nflw.pas(1248,44) Error: Can't take the address of constant expressions
nflw.pas(1249,45) Error: Can't take the address of constant expressions
nflw.pas(1272,38) Error: Can't take the address of constant expressions
nflw.pas(1501) Fatal: There were 3 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[3]: *** [ppc386.exe] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `C:/Applications/FreePascal/Source/compiler'
make[2]: *** [next] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Applications/FreePascal/Source/compiler'
make[1]: *** [ppc1.exe] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Applications/FreePascal/Source/compiler'
make: *** [cycle] Error 2

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it?

Thanks,

Paul