[fpc-devel] RTL StackTrace patch

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Thu Jan 17 10:53:16 CET 2008

On Thu, January 17, 2008 10:45, Vincent Snijders wrote:
> Bogusław Brandys schreef:
>>
>> I think it should by default look for program.dbg file , and then if not
>> exists for paramstr(0). Is that enough ? If so,please explain how to
>> check if file exists , which function could be used here.
>
> No, as Peter described, you should look in the executable for a link to
> the file
> with debug info.

Moreover, if the debug information is included within the executable file
directly, there's probably no need to look for an external file, IMHO, so
if the proper link isn't available and we would want to support external
files anyway, the preference should be probably the other way round (first
paramstr(0), then paramstr(0) with extension changed to .dbg or something
like that).

Tomas