[fpc-devel] Debug Info proposal

Bogusław Brandys brandys at o2.pl
Sat Jan 12 20:11:15 CET 2008

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2008, at 16:07, Bogusław Brandys wrote:
>
>> Could we have debug info as separate file ? If this would be possible
>> I could create release stripped EXE and yet be able to obtain
>> unit/line of exception combining stacktrace numeric output with
>> correct debug info file
>
> You can already do this: compile a "release executable" with debug info,
> and then distribute a stripped copy of that executable. The addresses in
> the stripped executable will match exactly with the addresses in the
> unstripped one.
>

> Jonas_______________________________________________

Wow! Great!

Could fpc devel team provide application with source code which could
translate addresses from bare bone stacktrace generated from stripped
executable into full stacktrace with unit/line info using bare bone
stacktrace file and executable with debug info included ?

Would be perfect situation to tidy join bare bone stacktrace and debug
info to avoid combining stacktrace with incorrect debug executable.Maybe
some magic number in stacktrace and debug info ?

Regards
Boguslaw