[fpc-devel] FPC on Arm7

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Fri Dec 5 09:40:17 CET 2008

On Fri, December 5, 2008 05:54, Nataraj S Narayan wrote:

Hi,

> Can we write the RTL as stand alone without  the backing of an OS?

Yes. Obviously, it may be more work to do (you need to implement not only
the functionality expected from the RTL, but also the part usually
supported by the OS), but it's certainly possible and some people have
already done that before (some people even created their own OS in FPC).
There's some more information on porting to new platforms in our Wiki.
Moreover, you can find potential basis for such an effort in the directory
/rtl/embedded in FPC sources.

Tomas