[fpc-devel] UTF8Encode widestring encoding

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 17:34:13 CEST 2008

Hello Sergei,

Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 4:16:00 PM, you wrote:

SG> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

>> I couldn't find a single program or editor that could display that
>> file correctly. Pretty amazing that one file can defeat all programs.
>> :-)
>>
>> Programs I tried:
>>   Kate (kde editor)
>>   gEdit (Gnome editor)
>>   Firefox 3 (did the best out of the lot)
>>   vi (disastrous)
>>   OpenOffice 2.3 (probably the best out of the lot)
>>   AbiWord 2.4.6
>>

>> Do you know of any program that passes that test?
>>
SG> I viewed that file with Opera 9.21 and it looked fine for me (all
SG> out-of-range chars replaced by a triangle symbol), although the question
SG> how it *should* look remains open.

Opera 9.50 (Windows) fails for 5.3.x tests. Also it seens to fail at
2.2.2 eating the " simbol after the character, but it could be a
render error due the carrier error at 2.1.1 rendering NULL character.
Even I do not know it is should be considered OK the 2 chars render of
2.1.4 and 2.3.4, but again seens to be a render problem, not a decode
error.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun