[fpc-devel] libc translations

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Aug 10 01:23:29 CEST 2008

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, Boian Mitov wrote:

>  Hi Folks,
>
> I am doing a translation of the hrtimer functions in Linux as I will need them
> for my libraries. I was looking into the "libc" unit. I am wondering how you
> guys are keeping it in sync with any changes done in the libraries by the C++
> folks? I suspect this being such a core library is probably kept highly
> backward compatible, but I am just curious. Are you doing it by manual
> changes/additions or you use some sort of automated header -> cpp converter?

We're not tracking what C++ does; I doubt that the C++ people have anything
to do with Libc, since it's a plain C library ?

The initial conversion was done using h2pas, with manual additions for Kylix
compatibility. Maintenance is done manually. We accept patches if things have
changed or they added some calls, but we're not actively tracking that.

> After I get the hrtimer header converted if you want it I can send it to you
> for review and inclusion in the "libc" *.inc files.

Feel free to do so; Like I said, we accept patches.

Note that libc use is limited to i386-linux.

Michael.