[fpc-devel] QT and FPC

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun May 13 21:09:43 CEST 2007

On 5/13/07, Den Jean <Den.Jean at telenet.be> wrote:
> The Qt/Embedded binding is even easier to work with, due
> to the OO wrapper. But due to the overhead it did not seem
> usefull to me to create one for the LCL/Qt4 interface.

I think it´s possible to have both.

On the Symbian Port of Free Pascal I am writing 2 layers to connect
with the c++ libraries. A procedural binding and a re-object
orientation. So, you can for example add only the units that implement
the procedural bindings and avoid getting a larger executable then
needed. Or you can add the units that give o-o binding and get
something easier to work with, at the cost a sligthly bigger exe.

I would say the same is possible with the Qt 4 bindings.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho