[fpc-devel] ptop - dindonkey option gives problems

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:44:05 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm very new to 'ptop', only been using it for one hour so far.  I
output the default options to a file and started amending those to
formate code as per the Borland Delphi coding style.  I can't get used
to the FPC style, sorry...  Once I'm completed the config file for
Borland Delphi coding style, I will submit it to somewhere, for others
to use.

-----------------  snippet of options  --------------------
try=crbefore,inbytab,crafter
finally=crbefore,dindonkey,inbytab,crafter
[finally]=try
except=crbefore,dindonkey,inbytab,crafter
[except]=try
-------------------------  end  -------------------------------

I have sample code with nested try/finally and try/except blocks.  The
de-indent, takes you back to the beginning of the line, column 1 which
is wrong.  Maybe there is another way of doing this, but seeing as I
am new to this tool, I can't seem to find a solution.

Here is the sample code I'm trying to re-format.
procedure TestTryProc;
begin

try ShowMessage ('Start'); try ShowMessage ('trying');
try ShowMessage ('still trying');
finally ShowMessage ('going...'); end;
except ShowMessage ('except'); end;
finally ShowMessage ('Finally!'); end;

end;

And here is the output I have so far....  If you need my complete ptop
options (config) file, I can send that as well.
procedure TestTryProc;
begin

  try
    ShowMessage ('Start');
    try
      ShowMessage ('trying');
      try
        ShowMessage ('still trying');
  finally
    ShowMessage ('going...');
  end;
  except
    ShowMessage ('except');
  end;
  finally
    ShowMessage ('Finally!');
  end;

end;

Graeme Geldenhuys

There's no place like S34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'