[fpc-devel] Re: Graph unit under Go32V2

borsa77 at libero.it borsa77 at libero.it
Thu Mar 15 23:05:36 CET 2007

On 14 Mar 07, at 00:59, Tomas Hajny wrote:

>I'm not sure whether I was clear - there was a
>bug in compiler, but it should be hopefully fixed
>now. If you still find some issues in this area
>(like compiler not saving what should be saved,
>etc.), please, report it in the bug repository
>(unless you can fix it yourself in the compiler
>too, of course).

I am still refer to the 2.0.4 version, before the revision 5696 where the used registers in the assembler blocks are
almost not saved. If it needs theirs original value must be
preserved disregarding the bug of the compiler (as I think)
then I will make a comparison with the last version to find
such remaining issues. Otherwise, considering the
modification applyied by Florian Klaempfl and what you claim
unnecessary, the work on this patch may be closed.

>Please, keep only those changes which are
>necessary and revert those, which you tried but
>they didn't contribute to fixing some real issue
>or improving something in the generated code,

Yes, I agree.