[fpc-devel] apr.ppu and apr.ppu

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jul 28 16:18:23 CEST 2007

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 01:11:25 +0200
> Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>
> > FPC installs these ppu in two flavors:
> > apr, apriconv, aprutil, unzip
> > And httpd comes even in 3 flavors.
> >
> > Most fpc.cfg only contain the line:
> > -Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/*
> > So it depends on the file system which one is used.
> >
> > Is this a feature or a bug?
>
> I reported a bug:
> http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=9332

I assigned the bug to myself.

First off, the headers were provided by Felipe, who insisted
that they are treated on an equal basis. My personal preference
was to use the MySQL system: unitname-version.pp. Since that is
out, we have little possibility to force use of one or another.

So, how do you propose to solve this ?

One thing would be to add
#IFDEF HTTPD1_3
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/apache-1.3
#endif

(similar for others) to the FPC config file. Is this acceptable ?

Michael.