[fpc-devel] Linux kernel behaviour change regarding keyboard

Christian Iversen chrivers at iversen-net.dk
Thu Jul 19 18:41:05 CEST 2007

Marco van de Voort wrote:
>> Ales wrote:
>> A project the size of the IDE is unauditable, given it's size.
>> This again is not meant to criticize the IDE - any project of the size
>> is unauditable.
>
> Not that it is doable for us for the IDE, but OpenBSD seems to think
> otherwise.

Sure, because it's a product written from the ground up with security in
mind, by security freaks eating and breathing security.

That's simply not the focus of FPC, nor should it be, necessarily.

> But I still think not making a separation between server related and desktop
> security in Linux is the big problem.

I don't think that's exactly right. On server-distros there typically
ARE more security features enabled.

> People that feel limited by all kinds of security features turn stuff of at
> random.  These kinds of petty changes only increase the risk.

That's a luser problem, but I somewhat agree with your point.

Anyway, this is a pretty dead horse. Let's hope Andrew Morton can help
us solve this the right way - in the kernel.

Christian Iversen