[fpc-devel] Running test suite for 2.1.4 on linux/sparc

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 14:16:26 CEST 2007

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Ah- the kernel buffer is full of "Kernel unaligned access" messages.
> What I can't say is whether this is the result of testing or because of
> something that was being done on this machine a few minutes ago, however
> this is suspiciously similar to the fault I was getting in Lazarus.
>
> I'll leave the system in its current state if I can in case there's
> anything worth checking.
>
> Any hints appreciated :-)

I'm really not experienced with gdb etc., a logic analyser is far more my
style. However as far as I can tell the third thread bombs immediately after
creation (this is an aggregate of several sessions, so I don't guarantee the
addresses):

0x0004decc in
CTHREADS_CBEGINTHREAD$POINTER$LONGWORD$TTHREADFUNC$POINTER$LONGWORD$LONGINT$$LONGINT
()
(gdb)
0xf7d64640 in pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.1 () from /lib/v9/libpthread.so.0

..

0xf7d486c8 in pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.1 () from /lib/v9/libpthread.so.0
(gdb)
[New Thread 16386 (LWP 6259)]
0xf7d486cc in pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.1 () from /lib/v9/libpthread.so.0
(gdb)
0xf7d486d0 in pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.1 () from /lib/v9/libpthread.so.0
(gdb)

[Switching to Thread 16386 (LWP 6259)]
0x9de3bfa0 in ?? ()
(gdb) info threads
* 3 Thread 16386 (LWP 6259)  0x9de3bfa0 in ?? ()
   2 Thread 32769 (LWP 6258)  0xf7e903b4 in poll () from /lib/v9/libc.so.6
   1 Thread 16384 (LWP 6208)  0xf7d486d0 in pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.1 () from
/lib/v9/libpthread.so.0

..

  6207 pts/7    S+     0:02 gdb -d ../../../test tmt1
  6208 pts/7    T      0:00
/fpcbuild-2.1.4/fpcsrc/tests/output/sparc-linux/test/tmt1
  6258 pts/7    T      0:00
/fpcbuild-2.1.4/fpcsrc/tests/output/sparc-linux/test/tmt1
  6259 pts/7    T      0:00
/fpcbuild-2.1.4/fpcsrc/tests/output/sparc-linux/test/tmt1

For the moment I'm reading that as thread 1 (6208) is the original program,
threads 1 and 2 (6208, 6258) are somewhere in kernel space and thread 3 (6259)
has been started with dud state- pc, npc or something... not sure but I don't
much like the look of the stack which appears to be at a similarly
indeterminate address.

I need to spend time trying to get to grips with gdb etc. :-/

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk