[fpc-devel] win32 debugging broken in fixes_2_2

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Thu Jul 12 18:12:56 CEST 2007

Op Thu, 12 Jul 2007, schreef Alexander:

> > That's a point though I thought we could safe this extra check
> > because I didn't expect that a lot of people are still using PII :)
>
> My current computer is PII. 350MHz 128 RAM 40G HDD
> It work !
> Free soft inteneded for save old computers.
> Linux kernel can run on 386 CPU and support MFM HDD.
> FPC and MSE must work on PII !
> MSE MUST BE IN TOP PRIORITY AT FPC DEVELOPERS !
> FPC have only one working RAD IDE - MSE.

Please don't exagerate.

The system requirements for FPC have been stable for many years, FPC runs
on PII, so do FPC compiled programs. If debugging is broken on PII and it
can easily be fixed, it will. Otherwise, "It work !" is no longer true,
and you need to upgrade.

The FPC team will look after the needs for MSE, but again, don't
exagerate. The textmode IDE and Lazarus work very well, by the way :)

Daniël