[fpc-devel] Where to add mksymbian

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 22:38:10 CEST 2007

On 7/3/07, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> I thought it was only needed to build FPC ?

No, it's necessary to build software for symbian os.

The way I designed it you can't simply type: fpc -Tsymbian mysoftware.pas

And expect to have a symbian executable.

This command fails to give enougth information for a real build, which
includes the UIDs, if you want to build for the emulator or the real
devide, which sdk you are using, where the sdk is located, etc, etc.

Because symbian has many unique things I decided to create a external
build tool, which just uses fpc to generate assembler. The other
option would be adding lot's of symbian specific options on fpc, but I
didn't like this idea.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho