[fpc-devel] Error: Unable to create "reg.xml" file

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Jan 19 14:57:44 CET 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Vinzent Hoefler wrote:

> On Friday 19 January 2007 13:23, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
> > HKEY_USER keys is not desirable or feasible (roaming profiles etc). A
> > config directory can be made read/write for all users.
>
> A registry key can be made that, too.

I know.
But the average IT admin of our clients doesn't know how to do that.
He does know how to operate the windows explorer and click right,
ask properties and set permissions (and even that is voodoo for
many of them).

Anyone who is convinced that the registry is OK is welcome to sit
for a day at the helpdesk here and give it a try. Switching to ini
files was mainly done at the request of our helpdesk :-)

Michael.