[fpc-devel] "daemon" units in Lazarus (to Michael van Canneyt ?)

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Feb 13 17:00:52 CET 2007

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Michael Schnell wrote:
>

>> I was told that in the next not yet released Lazarus version there will be a
>> platform independent feature that lets you create daemons (applications
>> without user interface).
>>
>> I need to do something like this.
>>
>> Is there any documentation on how this works ?
>>

> I'll send you some in private.

Great !

>> Is the sourcecode available somewhere ?
>>

> It's in SVN.

I suppose this is the sourcecode of close to everything.

So I need to recompile the Lazarus IDE and the libraries (and maybe the
FP Compiler and its libraries as well). sound a little bit scary.

I was told an additional "daemon" project will appear in the "New" menu.
This sounds really great, but it would be nice to see what is happening
without having to swap to a pre-alpha version of the IDE. Do you think I
can do some tests just using a few additional units I can include into a
"command line program" projects ?

How can access the SVN ?

Unfortunately I suppose I can't access a Version Control System as here
we ave a Firewall that only allows to do http and ftp via a proxy.

Thanks _A_LOT_  !!!

-Michael