[fpc-devel] procedure ... message

Thorsten Engler thorsten.engler at gmx.net
Tue Feb 13 12:43:03 CET 2007

	That is the result of what is happening. Most of it is done by the
library (the compiler can't do this by itself), and I am trying to use some
home-brew library functions here.

	What I wanted to know is how the compiler does this (or how I can
find out what exactly it does).

	I _assume_ that when it sees "procedure ... message" the compiler in
the "initialization" section generates a call to a library function that is
supposed to register the message with the procedure. I need to know the name
of this function so that I can do it in my new library.
<<<<

Your assumption is totally wrong. What happens is that the compiler creates
an try in the message table of the RTTI for the class. Check out the
implementation of Tobject.Dispatch to see how that is used.

Cheers,
Thorsten