[fpc-devel] Command line parameter for using heaptrc without debuginfo

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Fri Feb 9 16:47:08 CET 2007

Hi,

I want to include memory checking in my test application without having the
debuginfo (since that makes the application 10 times as big and takes longer to
compile).

Even without debuginfo it gives information, about the number of allocated memory
blocks that are not freed and whether some memory has taken place. To find the
location a recompilation with debug info is needed of course.

I tried to set -gh -Xs includes the debuginfo. Also the following did not work:
-gh -g-
or
-gh -gl-

What worked is
-g- -Xs
and add uses heaptrc to the main program.

Is this the only solution?

Is the current behavior (enabling debuginfo if -gh is passed) by design?

Vincent

P.S. While typing I got an idea:
-Faheaptrc
does exactly what I want. I just thought -gh would do the same.