[fpc-devel] TCGIApplication

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Feb 8 16:51:49 CET 2007

Hi Experts.

I'm aiming to create non-GUI applications (not command line "programs",
i.e. applications that can use event driven programming with TTimer,
TThread.Synchronize etc.) using Free Pascal (and Lazarus).

When looking into that I found that I need to derive a new class
("TNonGuiApplication") from TCustomApplication.

I also found that this already has been done in the library with the
"TCGIApplication" Class.

What exactly is that beast (something in the manner I need (non-Gui
"Application"), maybe the HTTP user interface the name suggests even
might be useful for my purpose) ? Has it been tested in any way ? (I
tried to create A "CGI-Application with the menus that _does_ exist in
Lazarus for that purpose but Lazarus crashes in the process.)

Thanks for any comments,

-Michael