[fpc-devel] FPC dynamic libraries

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Feb 7 20:00:20 CET 2007

On 07 Feb 2007, at 19:51, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> How can I create dynamic libs of the RTL and FCL units under Linux?

In principle you should be able to do it with "make shared" in the
respective directories. But I would strongly recommend against doing
that, since the interface is by no means stable and consequently
programs compiled against both newer and older rtl/fcl's are very
likely to break if they use a different rtl (and possibly fcl, since
the fcl also uses rtl functionality).

Jonas