[fpc-devel] What I've been using Free Pascal For... Jegas Information Server (JIS)

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Feb 1 09:54:59 CET 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Bisma Jayadi wrote:

> > I've been very busy using Free Pascal and I wanted to show what can be done
> > with Free Pascal. I know the core development team will not be surprised but
> > other developers and indecisive C++ programmers who are tuned in might be!
>
> Congratulations, Jason! You're one of my Pascal heroes. I know you have done
> many things using FPC.
>
> > I really am not sure how or if this should become an open source project or
> > not - but I am not opposed to the idea.
>
> Your product is awesome. If you want to make FPC got noticed by the world
> (especially C/C++ developers out there) by using this application, I suggest
> you to make this application open source. Another great application using FPC
> that's not able to show FPC off is Pixel, because the the author insists to
> make it closed source (and commercial).

Pixel is a good product. That it is closed source, written in FPC, is a plus:
it shows that FPC is open and suitable for both open source and commercial
development.

If people want to make money using FPC, this is good; If they acknowledge
this, is even better. Both facts are a credit to the compiler.

Michael.