[fpc-devel] 0010465: CsSubComponent component properties not streamed

Bee bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Mon Dec 24 12:17:38 CET 2007

> I have Delphi code that shows the bug, if you want, so maybe Martin can
> submit a bugreport at Codegear for a change :-)

It's a dilemma. Though scientifically Delphi's mechanism is wrong but we
can't just 'fix' it, especially if there are lot of codes that depend on
it, or if Borland/CodeGear let the bug exists on purpose (backward
compatibility?). The fix will break the Delphi 'compatibility'.

I suggest FPC to keep the Delphi compatibility to be as much as
possible, or even 100% if possible. BUT, keep those compatibilities on
Delphi mode only. That's what Delphi mode is all about, right? FPC could
use the better/correct mechanism on and only on FPC mode.

This should make everybody happy. User wants to use the 'wrong' Delphi
mechanism? Fine, but please use Delphi mode. User wants to use the
correct mechanism? Please use FPC mode.

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com