[fpc-devel] Bug 10352 (repost)

Adriaan van Os fpc at microbizz.nl
Thu Dec 13 10:01:05 CET 2007

Jonas Maebe wrote:
> Adriaan van Os wrote on do, 13 dec 2007:
>
>> Marco asked how I ran into the bugs. Well, I used
>>
>> - target win32
>> - the external linker
>> - USES JwaPsApi, JwaTlHelp32
>>
>> With this setup, the application no longer starts up for reasons
>> reported (and many others not reported).
>>
>> My questions are
>> - has this always been the case with the external linker ?
>> - can this be fixed in FPC ?
>
> Maybe the internal linker uses smart linking by default, while the
> external one doesn't? What happens if you use -XX? (the makefiles should
> compile those units always into smartlinkable versions regardless of
> which linker you use, check your svn compilation log files to ensure
> they are built with -CX)

Adding -XX has no effect. Neither has adding CREATESMART=1 and LINKSMART=1 to the svn build (which
adds -CX and -XX). I am testing this with a win32 targeted crosscompiler on i386-darwin. However,
Marco mentioned that he could reproduce the problem on native win32. So, this is unlikely a fault
in my svn build setup.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os