[fpc-devel] Problems getting a arm cross-compiler for symbian

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 10:25:08 CET 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 11:50 AM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:
> > Why does FPC think there is no -Tsymbian for arm?
>
> Set a breakpoint on find_system_by_string in systems.pas to find out.

I didn't manage to get anything from this.

my gdb on windows doesn't even recognize this function

gdb ppcarm.exe

(gdb) break find_system_by_string
Function "find_system_by_string" not defined.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) n
(gdb) break FIND_SYSTEM_BY_STRING
Function "FIND_SYSTEM_BY_STRING" not defined.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) n
(gdb)

further I have no idea what I would do with that anyway because it's a
pretty streight forward function, and I don't know how to get anything
useful without a IDE where I can get the variable values and so on.

Looking at the implementation of find_system_by_string I don't see why
it wouldn't work, so I would really appreciate if someone could help
me further in this problem.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho