[fpc-devel] fpdoc HTML with search feature

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Aug 19 14:15:16 CEST 2007

On 16 Aug 2007, at 15:37, Micha Nelissen wrote:

> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> It can't be fixed by Lazarus developers because the Windows component
>> lives in the Common Controls DLL?  This is just an example by the
>> way,
>> they same could be said for Qt or Carbon.
>
> Ah yes. This is indeed a limitation one has to work with.

I think that in general, this means you simply should not do that, as
it will make your program look out of place and not fit in the other
apps and the rest of the OS. It will probably make your program
harder to use rather than easier, because it doesn't look like people
expect it to look.

This distracts for the utility: the automatisms a user has acquired
by using many programs suddenly disappears and he'll become conscious
of the UI, thinking about decisions on the UI-level (where/what do I
click, and what kind of button is this?) instead of only at the
action level (what do I want to do).

The only case in which it might help somewhat is for people coming
from one platform to another, but the majority of the users will not
be in that situation.

Jonas