[fpc-devel] fpdoc HTML with search feature

Micha Nelissen micha at neli.hopto.org
Thu Aug 16 15:28:12 CEST 2007

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>  * What if you find a bug in a Windows component, and that same
> component under GTK or Qt doesn't have that issue. More workarounds in
> the Windows layer, because you can't actually fix the bug at hand.

Workarounds? Why can't "the bug" be fixed?

>   * Then lets talk about native widgets limitations. A simple thing
> like changing the background color of a button. Not possible under
> Windows (without a custom button component) but is under GTK.

TSpeedButton should be able to do this, since it's custom drawn ?

> The same I believe was true (but opposite way around in GTK) with Form
> background color.

This is an unfortenate one indeed. I'd hardly call it a show stopper
though; even can be worked around on LCL level by perhaps implementing
some 'OnPaint' or a panel or graphic control on top that draws the
requested color. If you want background pictures, which is not a very
big step from just a color, you need something like that always.

Micha