[fpc-devel] Re: Software startup

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 11:37:49 CEST 2007

Ok, Florian found the solution! It´s a little complex, but I´ll write
it here just in case someone is dying of curiosity or this helps some
in the future =)

What happens is that when we build a software with fpc it will create
it´s own executable description file (the link.res file that appears
when we build with -s ), and when we use ld directly and don´t say
anything about exe description, it will create a standard link.res
file. And because the new smartlinking was activated for symbian, the
default descriptor from ld would fail. This has something to do with
the names of the sections. The default descriptor expects only .bss if
I remember correctly and with smartlinking on it will create a
.bss.something

We now deactivated smartlinking for symbian so things improved =)

PS: The port is going well, already managed to build the first pascal
softwares for the emulator =) They do nothing more then creating a
message box and quiting, but it´s a start.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho