[fpc-devel] Linking problem

Christian Iversen chrivers at iversen-net.dk
Sun Sep 24 20:36:16 CEST 2006

On Sunday 24 September 2006 19:52, Micha Nelissen wrote:
> Ivo Steinmann wrote:
> > now it compiles and works without any problems. What do you think?
> > dangerous? crazy? If you think it's a good idea, I would like to add a
>
> There is no difference on the ABI level of 'new' and 'new[]' ?

I think the reason there are two different operators, is because the names are
mangled differently for consistency (because it _could_ very well have been
important if it's the array version or not)

Of course, this makes it possible to try and use an array-optimized memory
allocator for the []-cases.

Christian Iversen