[fpc-devel] Re: makeskel fails to parse file

Pete Cervasio cervasio at airmail.net
Thu Sep 14 17:47:30 CEST 2006

On Thursday 14 September 2006 09:18, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I haven't used Kylix 3 Pro for over a year. I had my copy of Kylix
> fully patched - not sure if that made a difference.  The IFDEF's did
> work at that stage though. Strange I guess, seeing that yours doesn't.

Yeah, that's definitely strange.  I think it shouldn't have worked, according
to the docs.  In the Kylix help they say:

 "Conditional symbols are not Delphi identifiers and cannot
 be referenced in actual program code.  Similarly, Delphi
 identifiers cannot be referenced in any conditional directives
 other than $IF and $ELSEIF."

Oh, you were right about where you found that - The Indy components shipped
with Kylix 3 had that exact bit of code.  It's moot now, since you took all
the Kylix stuff out of your project, but Indy 10 has changed how that check
is made, eschewing $IFDEF for $IF.

Best regards,
Pete C.