[fpc-devel] Who applies patches for FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 11:07:17 CEST 2006

Thanks for the reply...

> > patch - types.pp               (6 Sept)
>
> Was this patch necessary? I though this was solved differently?

The first patch for types.pp included two things InflateRect() and a
Size() function, so was rejected due to the Size() causing issues and
would require a bigger fix than I thought.

I then resubmitted the patch, but with only the InflateRect()
function.  It is a really small function, but missing from other OS's
other than Win32.  There was no mention why that function had to be
available for Windows only (it's part of the Windows unit - API call).

I created my own function for use in fpGUI and Lazarus created there
own function for the LCL.  It is being used, just not available in
FPC's RTL for some reason.

Regards,
  - Graeme -